Factors That Affect Roofs
• Sun delivers a combination of ultraviolet rays and heat can prematurely age a roof.
• Snow or ice that melts and refreezes (called ice damming) pushes up the roofing material and causes leaks. Ice damming can be a temporary problem that ends when the thaw is complete. Excessive amounts can damage the roof and roof structure.
• Rain is normally kept at bay by a roof. But when rain or moisture gets underneath roofing, damage can occur.
• Wind can remove any roof in the most extreme occurrence. However even minimal amounts can weaken a poorly installed roof by letting dirt and moisture get underneath.
• Moisture from condensation underneath a roof not only harms the roof and sheathing, but also can cause problems inside of the house.
• Trees provide shade to help cool a house. They also provide leaves and limbs that can fall or scrub against the roof.
• Algae and moss get a foothold on moist surfaces. Excessive growth can retain moisture and cause eventual weakening of the roofing material.
Other Causes of Roof Problems
• Improper Installation
• Improper Design
• Lack of Maintenance
• Flashing Failures
Each of these major causes of roof damage can be minimized by regular and careful inspection for early and minor roofing problems. Immediate attention to any flaws or damages with competent repairs can help you avoid major damage to your roof and prevent the need for early and costly roof replacement.
Having a roof that leaks is a very common problem of many homeowners, especially if you live in an area that sees a lot of rain. When your roof leaks there are a lot of problems that can happen such as mold and mildew stains, damaged foundations, and water stains on the ceiling, just to name a few.
Because of this it is important for you to have the knowledge of how to find the leaks in your roof. When you do discover a leak in the roof you should not panic but simply know that it is time to fix the leaky roof.
A leak can actually be a good sign as it will force you to check the leak and it is a good idea at this time to look over the entire roof to see if there are any other leaks or problems. Fixing a leak in your roof is not very expensive and it does not take a lot of time.
To experience the absolute best Atlanta roofing company who stands behind their work with a 100% Complete Job Satisfaction GUARANTEE…
Contact Atlanta Roofing Guide today.
Atlanta Hail and Storm Damage is a Specialty!
Get Your FREE Roof Inspection NOW to detect any roofing problems you may have and get them repaired before they turn in to a major expense..
Atlanta Roofing Guide
Ask for Bill Jordan